Monday, March 22, 2010

Pirate Alley Cafe, Painting

The Night Cafe, French Quarter, New Orleans, print http://ow.ly/1pkNS

I hang out at the Pirates Alley Cafe in the French Quarter of New Orleans. I have done so for many years, it is one spot that truly reminds me of France. It is one of the most photographed and painted spots in the New Orleans French Quarter. I did this one as a play off Van Gogh Night Cafe but used orange colors, it was fun doing and I want to do it again in another color. It has a story about it, several in fact, but the one I like is the original owner decided they did not like it so I bought it back and framed it and have it here in the studio as I love it. The print has sold so many times it more than paid me back for buying it back from the original purchaser. I bet they would like it back now that it is becoming somewhat famous. One is also hanging in Pirates Alley Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

omments Are Moderated, no SPAM.