Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Self Portrait, Homage to Vincent, Self Portrait of an artist

Self Portrait, Homage to Vincent Greeting Card from Zazzle.com


I needed a newer self portrait so I did myself like Vang Gogh's Patience Escalier.





http://www.zazzle.com/self_portrait_homage_to_vincent_poster-228634384239124364

I was painting a large tree for my daughter to hang and painted in blue work shirt with red bandanna. I realized I looked like someone Van Gog painted so I took my book out and here it was. I added on the hat, took a quick picture with me holding some bamboo and this is the result. Someone said it looks like Marshall Dillion? But I do not limp.

Often I use older paintings to develop compositions. Or I am painting then realize I saw the composition somewhere else before. Study the old masters was a way to go. And I do it all the time, museums a favorite place to visit.

 I recently began using this in a small version as an avatar on social media.


Sun Flowers Poster

Sun Flowers Poster

by figstreetstudio




Magnolia Tree At City Park Poster

Magnolia Tree At City Park Poster

by figstreetstudio

No comments:

Post a Comment

omments Are Moderated, no SPAM.