Friday, June 19, 2009

Pontchartrain Rum Runners Shirt

My late Uncle Joe told a story of how he used to run rum from Cuba to Lake Pontchartrain during prohibition, history bears this story out as a few family members did get arrested. I did a shirt to remember that story by.
To some Uncle Joe was a character but to me an adventurer. He was always telling stories of places he had been and things he did. He was able to pilot boats in the Great Lakes, Inland Waters and Caribbean. He never stopped seeking adventure even in books that he would share with me. He would give me books on Navigation, Astronomy and Chess. Teach me how to keep a ship in ship shape and many chores he had to do as charter captain. Often I would ride my bike to West End Park to vi st him on his boat. He spent the last few years of his life living with us still telling stories of pirates and run runners.
Pontchartrain Rum Runners shirt
Pontchartrain Rum Runners by figstreetstudio
Create a Customized Shirt, add your name as Captain online at Zazzle.com


Pontchartrain Rum Runners shirt
Pontchartrain Rum Runners by figstreetstudio
Many colors and style shirts at Zazzle.com












Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

omments Are Moderated, no SPAM.